After reading this article and attending class, I've learned the importance of everyone participating. For example, in the article, Reinhart stressed the importance of asking questions to the whole group. I never thought about how when you ask a question to just one person, the rest of the class checks-out because it is an unspoken suggestion that the other students no longer have to think. However, while I completely agree with Reinhart, I wonder, if as a teacher you let your students know that you never take just one answer, would this keep the students thinking?
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Never Say Anything a Kid Can Say
This week in class we read the article, "Never Say Anything a Kid Can Say", by Steven Reinhart. I loved this article. Reinhart gives every teacher the tools and techniques needed to implement a student-focused style into any classroom. While I was reading, I thought of Allison last quarter. She modeled this style of teaching and demonstrated being patient and asking good questions. At first I was little unsure of this style because I had expected her to lecture and tell us if our answer's were right or wrong like every other math teacher I've had.
Labels:
Math
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment